Friday, January 22, 2016

DIY Face Cleansing Pads


I've been on the search for the perfect face cleanser and I think I've found it! I have oily skin that's prone to breakouts and have been a long time user of Oxy pads. I know that they are quite harsh and full of chemicals but they seemed to work the best for me. I am very sensitive to perfumy scents and they are unscented and the ease of the pad meant I stuck with it. I've tried many different brands of wipes and pads but they either irritated my skin or were quite pricy and they all seem so wasteful when you use them twice daily.  I've been trying out some different homemade cleansers and I tweaked them until I found what worked best for me. I now had a perfect cleanser but that still left the problem of being wasteful. Then I came across these Reusable Face Scrubbies and asked my talented sister-in-law over at Tara & Tamara Crochet Mamas if she could whip me up a batch and luckily she did. 





So far I am very pleased with the results and since I rarely wear foundation I skip make up remover altogether and these have become my one step skin care regiment. I just throw them in the wash once a week and pop them back in the jar. I've included the recipe below so you can give them a go too, let me know what you think!





No comments :

Post a Comment